How to improve the performance of your webinar
Rather than write a full article on the subject these are the show notes from a recent webinar on the subject that capture the essential ideas.
How important are webinars for marketers, especially in Asia?
- 73% marketers say it is the best way to generate leads - 44% plan to increase investment in webinars
- Effective for business leaders, 50% say they use webinars to consume business content - 40% say its most effective way to consume content
- Not many figures for Asia, though 60% of marketers use webinars in Singapore (And I am receiving more enquiries about webinars)
- ON24 (The webinar platform) report almost 1,800 webinars took place in Asia Pacific using their platform in 2019
What are webinar best practices?
- According to Gotowebinars (Another webinar platform) Mon-Wed are best days to promote (Tue best day) and 8-10am best times
- Email is still the best channel (73% of registrations), the longer the better to promote but most results happen week before webinar
- Generally Wed or Thu best days to have webinar, at either 10am or 11am (Does vary though according to market)
- 60 min webinars attract more registrations than 30min webinars and marketing webinars average 30-40% live attendance
How can we improve the effectiveness of webinars?
- ON24 recommend make the event feel more live, use extensive Q&Q and surveys, treat as engagement not just lead gen.
- Use audio, not just video, 60% of webinars are audio, evidence suggests audio works better for execs to consume and retain content
- Use shorter webinars, more focused content to create great personalisation - and repurpose for ABM campaigns
- Consider "always on" webinars that are activated when prospect view your site, capture the moment they are most interested.